Skip to main content

Applicants who have completed any post-secondary coursework elsewhere and wish to apply for admission to AUBH as a transfer student must submit the same items to the Office of Admissions as those required for freshman admission. In addition, a transfer applicant must submit the following:

  • Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities
  • Course descriptions and/or syllabi in English for coursework completed at all previously attended colleges/universities

A transfer applicant must also meet the following conditions:

  • Undergone the postsecondary course of study within the past four years.
  • Obtained a minimum CGPA of 2.3 (75%) and above or equivalent, based on the most recent transcript presented by the student. Refer to Appendix 1 for students transferring from British universities.
  • A transfer applicant must be in good academic standing from the transferring institution (i.e., not on probation, suspended, or dismissed)
  • A transfer applicant must be transferring from a recognized and accredited institution of higher education that offers learning experiences equivalent to those offered at AUBH

The official evaluation of transfer credit is completed by the relevant AUBH college once course descriptions, syllabi, and official transcripts are received by the Office of Admissions. All transcripts received become the property of AUBH. Transcripts will not be returned, reissued to the transfer applicant, or forwarded to another institution. The official evaluation of transfer credit is kept in the applicant’s academic file.  

After having completed all procedures required for transfer admission, an applicant with advanced standing is provided with a statement identifying the credits accepted for transfer. Transfer credit is only to be awarded for courses that have an equivalency at AUBH and show an earned grade of “C” or better from a university-level institution or program with admission standards acceptable to AUBH

Transfer credit is evaluated and can be applied in one of the following ways:

  • As parallel credit: The transferred coursework must have involved at least the same amount of class time and have involved the same content.
  • As electives: The transferred coursework must be clearly related to the applicant's academic program and career goal thereby serving as a major elective. In some cases, transferred coursework deemed liberal arts may be accepted as general electives if such coursework is not specifically offered at AUBH.

Transfer credits are recorded as credits earned but are not computed into the GPA at AUBH or enrollment status for any given term. No more than 50% of the credits required to earn a degree from AUBH may be transfer credit.